Saturday, April 11, 2009

Celebrate Easter with Family & Friends



excuse my cross posting today - but just wanted to share:


I am really missing my Mama today. She loved Easter just as much as she enjoyed Christmas. The celebration of faith in Christ Jesus was foremost.

But she also loved the trappings of the day: cooking the ham, making potato salad and green beans. She dyed eggs until she was probably 68, always bought a new hat, suit, shoes and "pocketbook" for Easter Service.

My mother has been gone almost four years now and I have a new "family" of friends who have embraced me and I will enjoy an Easter feast with them tomorrow. In the meantime, celebrate the joy we have because of the Resurrection and the love of friends of family.

Happy Easter!

1 comment:

  1. I am sorry to hear about your mother.

    I hope you have a Good Easter.

    ReplyDelete