Saturday, January 3, 2009

2009 Audiobook Challenge


A well crafted story is a delight to read, but to listen to one via an audiobook can truly enhance the experience. Perhaps one of the best known examples is the remarkable job Jim Dale did with each of the Harry Potter books.

Although I had seen the earlier movies after reading the earlier books, once I listened to Dale's performance of the third book in the series, I immediately listened to the first two. It was a completely different experience.

From there I have enjoyed the familar voices of Judy Kaye as Kinsey Millhorne in Sue Grafton's alphabet PI series; and Lorelei King who brings Janet Evanovich's Stephanie Plum to life. The books and familar narrators make great companions during traffic jams to the office or road trips for vacation.

So I know I will "listen" to far more than the required 12 audiobooks for the 2009 Challenge. For more details and registration visit J. Kaye's Book Blog.

My list of completed audiobooks are:
1.

1 comment:

  1. Welcome to the audio book challenge! So glad you are joining. :)

    ReplyDelete